Using the dark mode in apps is getting more and more popular. The dark mode adjusts the colours on your screen, making the appearance darker. Many people prefer it and more and more apps are supporting this feature, like Facebook and Instagram.
So how do you turn on the dark mode on Instagram? And what are the advantages of using the dark mode?
How to turn on the dark mode on Instagram
There are a few steps required to get the dark mode work for Instagram. First you need to make sure that your mobile device is setup right:
- Make sure your iPhone device is updated to at least iOS 13. You Android device has to be updated to run at least Android 10.
- Turn on the Dark Mode in your iPhone or Android device. Be aware that this may cause other applications to be run in the Dark Mode as well.
In Android you can turn on the Dark Mode following these steps:
- First, tap your profile picture.
- Second, tap the menu button on the top right
- Next, tap the Settings button (the round circle)
- Tap Theme
- Select the Dark Mode.
And then your done. Instagram will run on the Dark Mode.
Advantages of using the dark mode
There are a few advantages of using the Dark Mode.
- Using the Dark Mode improves the battery life of your mobile device. It can save up your battery usage by 1.8% to 23.5%, according to the tests of Mobile Enerlytics.
- It can reduce eye strain. Even though this hasn’t be confirmed yet. Rxoptical looked into this and they say it’s not that “black and white”. It does depend on how you use your device, because each mode has its own advantages.
- Dark mode increases concentration and decreases distraction. According to Apple it delivers a “distraction-free working environment that’s easy on the eyes — in every way”. According to Google it “improves visibility for users with low vision and those who are sensitive to bright light.”.
If you want to read more about the Dark Mode, we suggest reading this article from Wired.
What mode do you prefer? And why? Leave a comment and let us know!